As Passports become widely electronic - ePassports - they now incorporate chips and antennas plus other security features. The bonding adhesives used to construct these increasingly sophisticated passports must be able to meet the demands for security, durability and protection of the enclosed electronic features. The HiBond "P" range of security adhesive films provide a unique bonding solution for ePassport production.
- Bonding - High bonding performance between ePassport layers for maximum security.
- Durability - a durable bond conforming to the highest standards of bonding and peel strength with full "washing" resistance.
- Flexibility - highly flexible interface layer retaining flexibility over time and repeated mechanical stressing - resistant to stress cracking.
- Encapsulation properties - ability to encapsulate the antenna and chip structure inside the ePassport providing extra protection.
- Stress absorption/cushioning - an adhesive film retaining compliance and resilience and with a good recovery properties under compression.
- Optional pre-coating onto component materials - Teslin, cover materials, polycarbonate, shielding layers.